Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Morning Milk

Despite being incredibly low on dough right now, I went ahead anyway and purchased food for the week. So now I'm down to less than $30. Can't wait for Friday when I get paid. I bought the usual items, potato salad, meat, rice, some fruits, and I also decided to try out Lactaid.

Yesterday morning, I drank a supplemental drink called "Boost", which contains almost 400 calories in a little bottle, so I figured I could check it out to see if it was a good weight gainer. Nope. One little bottle gave me as much diarrhea as a bowl of milk (2 cups). So that evening, when I went to go get food I bought Lactaid brand milk to test it out. Had about 4 cups of it for dinner, and it was fine. No gas. No diarrhea. Stomach was silent. I tried it again for breakfast this morning, had about a cup and a half, and although I did not experience the same immediate feelings of gas and stomach gurgling, after drinking the last cup I did start to get a few chills like I would normally get with regular milk, and eventually had to go to the toilet and again experienced diarrhea. I have no idea what it is. Is it really lactose intolerance or just that my stomach can't handle food very well that early in the morning?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Pencil Frame