Monday, April 26, 2010

Introduction and Stats

On the web, I go by the alias "Midori Ko". I am 21 years old, and I am about 5 foot and an inch and a fourth or so. As of me typing this post ( I weighed myself a few minutes ago) I am at 98 lbs. Not sure what percentage of that is muscle, fat, bone, other bodily substances or fluids, but from what I can see in the mirror, my body has gotten much scrawnier since I stopped working out when I was about 14.



My Legs As of Now.




I have been skinny practically my whole life. When I was close to turning 13, I decided to gain 10 lbs., so I started eating more than I would normally eat. I am Mexican American, so my family made a lot of rice, beans, and meat. Naturally, this is what I ended up eating most of the time. It turned out perfectly because I was eating enough carbs and protein so that even though I was exercising, I wasn't losing weight due to me putting on muscle weight. I did a lot of biking on the weekends, approximately six hours combined every Saturday and Sunday. I lived in an area where the sidewalk was at slightly up-hill, so this worked out my legs magnificently. I had lovely "runner" things when I started 7th grade. My arms were nicely toned for my age and size (a little less than 5 feet at the time), but I was stronger than most of my peers. So strong that I was the only person in my class (boys included!!) who could complete the obstacle course during P.E.

So with my biking and the "exercises" that I would do on the playground (pull-ups on the monkey bars and climbing the jungle gym), and whatever sport we did in P.E. (football, track, soccer, basketball) during that year I gained the ten pounds I wanted and went from about 87 lbs. to the 98 lbs. that I kept until I was 14.

After turning 14, and due to natural expectations, I began to notice that my breasts were not growing as fast as some of my friends and family members, so I decided to cut back on the exercising, and completely cut out any biking, and did minimal running, although I played other sports from time to time. As the year progressed, problems arose in my family that caused me to become depressed, and from then on I went to gradually lose all the weight I gained when I was 13, and more. By the time I was a senior in high school, I was down to 87 lbs.!



Arm Muscles Are Virtually Gone Now. :(




I couldn't sleep at night, stayed awake until 3 a.m. at most sometimes, and thus I started this cycle of sacrificing breakfast for sleep. During the day I lost interest in the athletic activities I used to enjoy, including biking, and I lost much of my appetite, eating things like fries and burgers and chips to make myself feel better, instead of the good stuff I was used to eating. All my muscle disappeared! So now, I'm on a personal mission to get back that which I lost from those years. Jeez, I haven't worked out in 6 freaking years... ugh, I felt like I've let myself go in a way! I now have a goal to weigh 115 - 120 or so. If you'd like to join me on my journey or at least follow my progress, please bookmark my blog and leave me some encouraging words! :) More updates coming soon!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Pencil Frame